Wednesday, March 15, 2017

My FAVORITE boy...

One of the things that I tell you all the time is that your are my FAVORITE boy. I tell it to you over breakfast, in the car, and basically every random moment I think of it. You always grin your biggest grin at me when I do. And lately you have started asking "Really?!" And every night as you are going to sleep I whisper it to you. "Jack, you are my favorite boy." Tonight, a full minute or two after I whispered it to you, and I thought you were drifting off to dreamland, you put your little arms around my neck and whispered back, "Mommy, you are MY Favorite..."

My. Heart. Melted.

These moments of pure joy make all the extra tough moments of motherhood worth it.

Then you also whispered "I want to go with you to Disneyworld.." which is currently your ultimate expression of love for a person. Anyone that you particularly love on any given day you invite to come with you to Disneyworld, and in the evening you often give your daddy and I long lists of who will be coming with you on your next trip to Disneyworld. (Conversely, when you are angry you also shout with a terrifying frown "You CANNOT come with me to DISNEYWORLD!!!" So, there's that.

But I love that tonight, you found the words to tell me in your ever-growing-bigger way how much you loved ME - spontaneously and unprompted by your dad. And I hope you ALWAYS want to go to Disneyworld with me, son. I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment