So, we woke up this morning running rather far behind
schedule. We were planning on leaving for Chicago as soon as Dad got off work
this afternoon around 5pm, but things did not go as planned. It started with you being unusually needy this morning –
nothing would make you happy! I finally let you play with the kitchen cabinets
while I tried to dishes...but that didn't last very long!
Later, after you were fed AGAIN and dressed for the day, I
introduced you to the stove drawer in a desperate bid to get your bottles all washed.But nothing would hold your attention for longer than a minute or two. Then you would wiggle yourself over to my feet and grab onto my pant legs. And there you would hang, whimpering and crying until I picked you up.
We did NOT leave for Chicago by five pm. Finally, after a bottle you crashed for a short nap.
While I did get some few things done during your brief nap, it was by no means all that was necessary to haul a baby on a 3-4 day trip. Finally, out of desperation, I gave you an apple slice to suck – praying you wouldn't break it into pieces the size of which you could swallow, and chocke to death. You LOVED it!
By the time we finally pulled out of the driveway it was closer to 7pm, and an extremely frustrated Richard was asking what I had done all day. Which, of course, got a very calm and temperate reply…
But we eventually made it to Chicago, and thank goodness you slept most of the way. We got to the W Hotel in downtown and were thankfully upgraded to a mini-suite, which gave us more room for your pack and play. It actually turned out to be one of my favorite hotel rooms, even though I don’t usually like W hotels. Jack was definitely a fan – he loves exploring new places and conquering new beds.
You continue to be very quick at sprawling yourself out and establish your new king of the bed routine. :) Gracious of you to allow us to sleep with you. (The Pack N Play was a WASTE of effort, wish you had informed me before we left that you had no intention of sleeping in it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment