Early in the morning you peed all over your clothes, so mommy got to try out some new pajamas! They were just adorable! I took like, a million pictures of you.
While waiting for Daddy and Grandma to come and take me to church, I rocked you and sang you lullabies. I tried to sing you one of my very favorite songs, 'Amazing Grace,' but I only got 5 words into the song before I choked up and started crying so hard I couldn't sing anymore. (It would take me three weeks before I could sing the whole song to you.)
Daddy and Grandma picked me up from the hospital and we went to Relief Society/Priesthood and Sacrament meeting at one of the wards in Oakland that met in the chapel next to the Oakland temple.
After church we came back to the hospital and met up with your Great Aunt Shirley (Grandma Maureen's sister). She had come down from where she lived in Arbuckle, California (about 90 minutes north of Oakland) just to see you! We spent the afternoon chatting with her while she held and rocked you.
Daddy did insist on taking you back from her to feed you your bottle - you can tell that he is having the best time! After a few days with you he told Grandma Judy that being with you is like being on the best ride at Disneyworld, and you just hope that no one comes and tells you you have to get off.
This is one of my very favorite pictures from the hospital. I loved your Daddy even more than I thought it was possible to love him as I watched him fall in love with you.
This is our first official family photograph that I absolutely loved - you can see that we are laughing and so very very happy to have you.
That evening before Daddy had to leave for the airport to get on a plane back to his job in New York, Mommy read him some of his favorite series by David Weber! (you slept). We read books out loud a lot (especially on road trips), you will probably get used to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment