You just got handsomer and handsomer every time we looked at you! We kept on taking pictures because we couldn't believe how perfect you were.
And when we discovered your amazing dimples, it was like BONUS!! If it was possible to fall in love with you any further we might have then...
This is you fast asleep in your NICU crib- they pulled the colorful blanket over the top of the crib to help you sleep - because the lights were always bright in there. It couldn't do anything about all the babies crying and machines dinging and alarms going off, but you didn't seem to mind. You have been a heavy sleep since we met you!
This was how the nurses checked your blood pressure every time shift changed, with a little baby blood pressure cuff! I took it home with us to put in your memory box!
This is the machine that monitored all your vital signs - you didn't have any crisis at all in the time we were there, you were just a perfectly healthy little boy - occasionally you would kick your monitor off of your foot and make it go off, but other than that you were definitely the lowest maintenance kid in the unit.
After I met you I couldn't bear to go home and leave you alone in the hospital, so I slept there at night time. (Even though the social worker didn't want me to stay - she couldn't MAKE me go home, and you had been all alone for eight whole days before we got to you!) Unlike a lot of nicer hospitals, they did not have a room for adoptive parents so they could be with the baby, so I got pillows, sheets and blankets from the nurses and slept on the chairs that pulled out into a kind of a lounge bed - like this. I slept surprisingly soundly! I just woke up every three or four hours to go back into the NICU, wake you up and feed you, so that you knew I was there for you.
Wait - Where's my Binky?!
From the moment we met you, you were making us laugh. I took this series of pictures to send to your dad so he could see how funny you were. You pulled your own binky out of your mouth, but since you didn't realize your hands were YOUR hands yet, you were pretty mad at whoever stole it.
No seriously - who took my binky?! I want my binky!
WHERE IS MY BINKY!!!! GIVE IT BACK!!! I WANT MY BINKY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment