You are starting to become more and more fascinated by the outdoors. The changing table in your nursery is up next to a window, and you love to look out at the yard while awaiting a diaper change or clothing change. There is a tree next to the window that lots of birds and squirrels frequent, and a small bunny rabbit who frequently hops around under the tree. It is an endless source of fascination for you. I wonder what you will do when you see snow?
Because you love it outside so much I have a goal to try and make sure you can play outside each day for at least 30 minutes. Most days it happens. Today we took a blanket into the backyard and set up your very own backyard picnic. It was in the 90s and very warm, and started off sunny.
Of course, you immediately tried to stuff the entire blanket into your mouth...
But seemed more than happy to be distracted by your favorite Alphabet book...
But today the alphabet book proved unequal to the siren song of GRASS!
You had barely begun exploring the fabulous textures and feel of grass when a loud thunder roll sounded in the sky above us. You watched with fascination as the wind picked up, dark clouds moved in, and small raindrops began to fall.
I debated taking you inside, but it was so warm outside and you were so INTERESTED that I decided to let you really EXPERIENCE your first rainstorm. I have always loved to play in the rain - the bigger the downpour the better, ever since we moved to Texas from Alaska and I discovered at the age of 12 that rain could be WARM. I took your book inside so it wouldn't get ruined, and let the camera roll. It's a GREAT video (but not for your picture journal). You got pretty wet, (see below) but loved every minute of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment